Friday, June 18, 2010

My next gig

We have plans to make a family reunion (on my husband's side) in about two weeks time. Well, we got a call yesterday and the family wants to hire me as a photographer for the event.

Portraits is a new area for me, I'm not familiar or comfortable with it. I've done some senior portraits for my niece, which came out very well but that's been about it. Most of my people shots are candid shots and nothing set up.

So, I am nervous and we've only about 4 days to figure out well....a full studios worth of things to set up such as pricing, a way to view the images, receipts, order forms and so forth.

I'm also excited and I just hope I don't let the whole family down. I hope the weather will be good for outdoor photography, but I'll also be bringing along my studio lights for fill lights and also just in case it is bad weather that day and we have to shoot indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment